High Performing Advisors Work the Press
- by: Hank Berkowitz
- June 24, 2020
Our newly released Wealth Advisor Confidence Survey™ 2020, shows that cultivating media relationships is something that high-performing firms do a lot better than low-performing firms. Garnering press was once again among the Top 4 thought leadership tactics for CPAs, Wealth Advisors and Estate Planners in 2020 with nearly four out of five respondents (78%) rating it effective. In fact, that number jumped 9 percentage points since the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Even more striking, firms expecting strong double-digit growth were nearly twice as likely as low-performing firms to consider media attention an effective thought leadership strategy. Case in point, here are some recent media hits from our clients who use our Just in Time Media Program:
- Kyle Walters (L&H CPAs) was published in Accounting Today: What Happens When You Apply the 8020 Rule to the 80/20 Rule?
- Randy Fox (Two Hawks Consulting) was published in Trust & Estates/Wealth Management.com: No Better Time to Cover Your Ass(ets)
- Greg Bryant (Bedford Cost Segregation) was profiled in New England Real Estate Journal 2020 Ones to Watch
- Dr. Guy Baker (Wealth Teams Alliance) quoted in Forbes: Will Coronavirus Quarantine Convince You To Retire Early?
- Blake Christian (HCVT, LLP) was featured in Globe Street: How Opportunity Zones Can Give Shelter to CRE Investors During the Coronavirus
- Randy Fox (Two Hawks Consulting) quoted in Legal Zoom: What Changes Should You Make To Your Estate Plan During the Coronavirus Pandemic?
As Marie Rourke noted in Smarter MSP (5 Tips for Working with the Press), getting mentioned in the “right kind of media outlet” can provide external validation for your products, solutions, and/or services. She also believes these earned media placements “tend to boost company rankings in popular search engines,” such as Google and Yahoo! as they carry more weight than paid or placed media, including press releases and company blogs—and they’re read and seen by customers and prospects. All this results in “increased relevance” that could lead to more business or new relationships, Rourke added.
What’s your take? We’d like to hear from you.
#Wealth Advisor Confidence #Media hits #Practice Management #Press mentions #thought leadership